One of the best ways to help veterans is by hiring them, but with all the regulations surrounding hiring (and veterans), it can get confusing. So here are some resources to help you help veterans:
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s overview page for hiring veterans
- Information on the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) regulations, also from the DOL
- Resources for hiring managers from the Veterans Administration
- SHRM has articles and a toolkit on hiring veterans specifically aimed at HR professionals
- More info on hiring veterans and tax credits from RecruitMilitary.com
- If you’re an expert on all this and want to move on to advocacy for hiring veterans, consider joining the not-for-profit Hire Heroes as a corporate partner
If you’re a veteran, please accept our thanks for your service. Happy Veterans Day from COATS!