Why should you never do these things? Because your software should be doing them for you! These tasks might seem minor, but they can really add up over the course of a day, a week, a year.
- Filling in information from your applicants into the same format. Your job applicants don’t all come from one source: some apply online, some fill out the application in your lobby, some email their resumes to you. Good staffing software parses all these applicants into one searchable database.
- Searching through all your candidates to see where a couple of them are in the hiring process. A good staffing software solution will show you at a glance where each job applicant is in the recruiting or hiring process, and let you know what the next step is for them.
- Duplicating interviews, tests and paperwork between branches. When all of your company’s branches are in the same database, it’s easy to share information among team members across the company. Good staffing software makes it easy, safe and efficient to share this information.
- Posting a job opening to your company’s social media channels and submitting it to job search engines individually. Once a job opening is created, a good staffing software product will automatically publish it to job search engines and social media channels.
- Posting a job opening to your company’s jobs page by hand. In addition to publishing your job openings to other sites, such as social media and job search engines, quality staffing software will also publish them to your company’s website on a job board that matches your site’s design.
- Modifying your hiring process to match your staffing software. How do you hire? Chances are, your company has its own unique process. Good staffing software will let you define custom hiring steps and apply them to individual positions.
- Forgetting to delegate tasks, or not having time to delegate. Good staffing software makes it easy to delegate tasks to your team members, and track those tasks’ progress so nothing falls through the cracks.
- Keying in job applications from candidates. When candidates apply online, you save time, money, energy and lobby space. Top staffing software will have an option for online applications.
- Writing emails to candidates or associates from your email program. A good software solution will allow you to email candidates directly from its interface.
- Entering resumes by hand. Data entry can be a major drain on resources. A good staffing software solution will offer resume parsing, so you get consistent candidate information quickly and easily.
Any good staffing software program will handle these tasks for you. Needless to say, COATS handles all of them and then some. If your current software doesn’t do all these things, schedule a demo with us so you can focus on the things your staffing business should be doing.