COATS Visual Version 12.1.0
*** BEFORE DOING THIS UPDATE ***
1) Ensure your data has been migrated to COATS Visual prior to this update. If you have not migrated to COATS Visual, you CANNOT do this update.
2) Before proceeding with doing Payroll in COATS Visual, the user MUST review their COATS program for Payroll Adjustments with Advance Formulas. These type of adjustments are handled completely different in COATS Visual than they are in COATSsql and must be modified accordingly.
Please call COATS to schedule your migration date and/or assistance with Payroll Adjustment with Advance Formulas.
INSTRUCTIONS for installing Version 12.1.0
- Ensure your data has been migrated to COATS Visual prior to this update.
- Currently running Visual Version 6.2.1 or higher (see Step 2 for instructions).
- Download “VS_12_1_0.exe” and store it in your TEMP folder.
- Locate the TEMP folder on your computer and double-click the VS_12_1_0.exe file.
- Extract the file to your COATS folder (i.e. c:\coats12\) on any computer currently running COATS Visual.
2. Update your COATS Visual data.
- Currently running COATS Visual Version 9.0.5 on SQL Server 2014 or higher: Update your COATS Visual data following the instructions in this document:
Currently running COATS Visual Version lower than 9.0.5 on SQL Server 2014 or higher: Update your COATS Visual data following the instructions in this document:
Important White Papers are available for review
COATS Visual 12.1.0
COATS Visual 11.1.0
COATS Visual 10.3.0
COATS Visual 10.2.0
COATS Visual 10.1.0
COATS Visual 9.5.0
COATS Visual 9.1.0
COATS Visual 9.0.4
COATS Visual 9.0.3
COATS Visual 9.0.2
COATS Visual 9.0.0
COATS Visual 8.1.0
COATS Visual 8.1.0
COATS Visual 8.0.3
COATS Visual 8.0.1
COATS Visual 7.0.0
COATS Visual 6.2.1
COATS Visual 6.2.0
COATS Visual 6.1.0
2022 Tax Table Updates for COATS Visual
1. Download and review the COATS Visual tax update document.
2. COATS Visual Version 11.0.0 is a required update for 2022. Please click here if you do not have version 11.0.0.
3. Download and install the .exe file below to update your 2022 tax tables:
Please be sure you are not running or working in COATS Visual while performing this update.
Locate the TEMP folder on your computer and double-click the Taxes_Visual_2022.exe file.
Extract the file to c:\COATS_Taxes_Visual_2022. This is the default folder used.
5. Remember to manually update your FUTA and SUTA rates as necessary.
IRS and STATE rules change FREQUENTLY. Consult your tax adviser for their assistance.
Some states have special or new considerations regarding their tax tables. Check below to see if your state was affected.
In Connecticut, Paid Family Leave Insurance is to be withheld from employees’ paychecks. Update to your local tax table will need to be made accommodate this requirement.
Maryland has update to their locality withholdings. Please follow the steps below to update employees tax codes for 2022.
In Massachusetts, Paid Family Leave Insurance is to be withheld from employees’ paychecks. Update to your local tax table will need to be made accommodate this requirement.
In New Jersey, Disability Insurance & Family Leave Insurance are withheld from employees’ paychecks. Changes will need to be made in your local tax table to accommodate this change.
In New York, Paid Family Leave Insurance rate has changed for 2022.
If you withhold Yonkers (NY) taxes from employees, install these codes to your local tax table to accommodate changes for 2019.
In Washington, Paid Family Leave Insurance is to be withheld from employees’ paychecks. Washington has a new WACares Fund. Update to your local tax table will need to be made to accommodate for these requirements.
The download links listed below will take you to the files available for download, categorized by product and need. These pages are updated regularly so the information will be current.