Today’s post is by Jessie Sierra, our sales manager, and is the second part of her series on the built-in bonuses COATS has to offer. Part 1 is here.
In addition to all the little ways COATS has to save you time within the software itself, COATS has partnered with two great programs to enhance your company’s value proposition, and make your job a little easier and more efficient.
We are all keeping our eyes on government decisions and the rollout of “Obamacare,” but in the meantime, life goes on and health insurance is still a need. So I would like to suggest an affordable option: Essential StaffCARE Health Care
Essential StaffCARE is a limited benefit health insurance plan designed specifically for the staffing and temporary employment industry. It’s underwritten by BCS Insurance Company and is administered by PAI, a wholly owned subsidiary of Blue Cross Blue Shield of SC.
- Essential StaffCARE provides temporary employees affordable health care that includes a national PPO network, a 24-hour Nurse Assistance Line and wellness benefits. Employees pay for Essential StaffCARE through convenient payroll deductions and may elect additional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Disability and Term Life. Other features include a true $15 co-pay, dependent and family coverage, and day-one employee eligibility.
- Essential StaffCARE is the largest underwriter of health insurance for temporary employees in the nation. More than 250 staffing companies are Essential clients, representing more than 250,000 associates enrolled each year. This program is guaranteed issue for employees, has no minimum participation requirements, and requires no employer contributions.
- Because Essential is a COATS Integrated Partner, Essential files and reports are already included (i.e., integrated!) in COATS.
COATS has a couple of reports to assist in keeping an eye out for fraud: the Duplicate Direct Deposit and Payroll with NO Billing reports. Both of these are under Reports / Management Reports / Fraud Prevention. Another great way to minimize fraud is to pay your employees using a paycard, such as the one provided by our Integrated Partner Global Cash Card.
- Eliminating paper checks means eliminating check fraud. You won’t have to issue stop payments or pay costs associated with lost or stolen checks. Plus, you won’t have to store check forms prior to printing them. (And there are lots of environmental benefits to going paperless, too!) Paycards can even be used for reimbursement so you don’t have to issue paper checks for that, either.
- Paycards are virtually free for employers: There are no fees for your firm except the cost of having the card shipped to your firm. Compare that to the cost of printing checks, stuffing them in envelopes, stamping and mailing them! You could save up to 70 percent in operational costs associated with payroll.
- Again, integrated files and reports for Global Cash Card are already included in COATS.
These two features not only remove some stress from your daily work, they also give your associates added benefits and affordable options. They’re total win-wins!